Product Category Manager
Director of Category Development
As one of the premier procurement service providers in the nation, we have the privilege of being associated with a growing portfolio of Fortune 2000 companies. Our value proposition is based upon our ability to serve as an extension of our member’s indirect supply chain by delivering leveraged cost saving agreements, contract management support and access to a robust network of procurement professionals.
Corporate United is made up of individuals who are energized by working with our members and supply partners with innovative enthusiasm. We seek talented people who thrive in an energetic workplace, delivering original ideas and perspectives. We believe that it is essential for our ongoing commitment to excellence.
Corporate United’s leveraged agreements deliver value across a wide spectrum of products and services (categories). As we expand our business model, we are seeking a dynamic individual to develop and execute both strategic and tactical initiatives that increase the visibility and profitability of Corporate United categories. This includes working directly with the Director of Category Development to create and execute strategic category initiatives that cut across sales & marketing, supplier relationship management and business operations.
- Strategic management of a portfolio of indirect spend categories.
- Working with supply partners to develop and deliver on short and long-term category goals.
- Responsible for planning, forecasting and positioning of the category, assessing its commercial success and making adjustments as necessary.
- Assisting Corporate United Sales Group with account planning and strategy development.
- Maintaining an accurate, timely and documented pipeline of all “live” opportunities and tracking category growth against its sales targets and objectives.
- Working with Corporate United supply partners to promote Corporate United offerings with the goal of maximizing sales revenue.
- Cultivating relationships with key supplier contacts and conducting regular meetings to review and address market related category issues.
- Developing the appropriate promotional campaigns, creating dynamic marketing documents and sales support collateral to increase the visibility of Corporate United categories in the market.
- Preparing and coordinating both on and offsite sales training with all relevant individuals to align expectations and improve category knowledge.
- Working with internal analysts to monitor supplier’s ongoing adherence and compliance to Corporate United contract.
- Collaborating with the Corporate United Sourcing Group on the category renegotiation process.
- Effectively preparing and delivering regular updates to Corporate United senior leadership with clear recommendations and suggestions for strategic category direction.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of three years of product management experience with a proven track record of success. Experience in marketing or selling consultative services a plus.
- Strong marketing acumen with experience in market planning, marketing communication and analysis.
- Strong project management discipline and ability to manage multiple “live” projects at one time.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities a must.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior executives and other functional leaders.
- Strong influence management capabilities and comfort flourishing in a matrix environment.
- Ability to thrive in a smaller entrepreneurial based work environment.
- Must be a high-energy, self-driven individual.
- College degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Office products and experience utilizing a CRM tool.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.